spark plug boot

Q&A about routine maintenance.
jrs53

spark plug boot

#1 Post by jrs53 »

I bought my cannondale speed used with less than 50 hours riding time. The previous 2 owners both whom I know constantly got drunk and wrecked it, so much was poorly rigged when I bought the machine. Example: when I bought the quad, the seat was held on by a bungee and the rear plastic was from a 400EX. After I have invested a couple hundred into it is starting to look and run a lot better. The other day I was having starting problems and after looking at several things I started wondering if the mess of electrical tape that was holding together the spark plug boot was the cause of the problem. After unwrapping the electrical tape I definately need a new spark plug as it fell apart into several broken pieces. When I asked my friends where to buy one they joked that they'd never heard of anybody breaking one. About 3 days later one of them ironically broke one on his dirt bike. I honestly have no idea where I can get another spark plug boot and would be extremely grateful if somebody here could help.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

First off, welcome! You've come to the right place. If you are referring to the coil (spark plug boot), you can get one from the site sponsor, Haydug. You will need to call to place an order.

304-675-3027

speed2424

#3 Post by speed2424 »

AND second off.... Where in Ohio do you live? Welcome to the site.:confused:

jrs53

#4 Post by jrs53 »

Kent/Brimfield area -- there's some good races out here like the Summit Indoors where Josh Upperman cleared this massive double this year. A lot of my friends race in the four-stroke or woodsman classes, but they have a lot more riding time than I do.

kdeal

Re: spark plug boot

#5 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by jrs53
I bought my cannondale speed used with less than 50 hours riding time. The previous 2 owners both whom I know constantly got drunk and wrecked it, so much was poorly rigged when I bought the machine.....  

Hmmm, drunk and wrecked a lot. You didn't buy the bike from some guy named Derno did you? LOL

J/K :eek:

Give Haydug cycles a call for any thing you need, and better yet, make a trip to the Group ride May 21-22 weekend. You'll meet a bunch of great guys, and last year they did a complete frame swap on a bike at the camping area.