Take the Falicon chalange.

Happyboy

#31 Post by Happyboy »

After this spring I will be doing the harassing about you guys hitting some dyno numbers that look like mine. smile.gif

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

Thats a good article . It didnt really cover to much on dwell time vrs rod length. The dwell must be the same but the rate of acceleration/deceleration might be where the issue lies. Do you think its possible there is some compresion loss from the extra side load on the short rod. If that were the case longer skirts and tighter bore fit could combat that. Maybe a gapless ring would be in order.

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Way to go Happyboy!

timbomoose

#34 Post by timbomoose »

"Do you think its possible there is some compresion loss from the extra side load on the short rod."

No,compression would be the same,but some of the leverage is lost from the steeper angle. Compression can't be lost from this, but can cause faster piston wear and wrist pin wear. After the piston is worn then compression will be lost.A piston can only move or twist so much until its worn to let in move more.

claas900

#35 Post by claas900 »

I just ran across a few things, I wanted to throw out there. So Im going to just lay it all out in no order ??????? For example, let????????s say you decide to increase crankshaft stroke. This implies an increase in low- and mid-rpm torque is desirable. Therefore, so would the selection of an intake manifold, camshaft and header system that favors torque output in the same range of engine speed. Similar to events from lengthening connecting rods (all else being equal), a stroke increase changes both the rate at which intake flow velocities are created (vs. crank angle). It also affects piston dwell around TDC and BDC. This suggests a re-think/adjustment of sparking timing (at least initial spark) when comparing engine applications of a stroked and un-stroked crank??????? Have we played with ingision timeing very much?

Witch crank do you guys think creates more windage? I know the dale has a good windage scraper set up but its still happing. Have we thought about knifeing the crank? Or polishing it? Could a dale crank take cutting on and still surive? http://www.foxperformanceengines.com/ click on services then click on Ducati Crankshaft Lightening & Balancing. Take note what he does is just copping another crank from Ducati. Good pics tho.

What about offsetting the wristpin hole in the piston to help give the crank ???????better dwell??????? ? I cant remember were I read this.

I????????m sure you 250r guys know about http://www.macdizzy.com/longrod.htm web page lots of good stuff.

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

Now your thinkin. We need to try some more ignition timing changes on the next dyno try .

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup for sure.Timbo has done some and made gains.
How about injector timing also?

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

The engine is done. I started it up and this appears to be a good balanced falicon. I will test with and without the airbox to see how it performs. I hoping to get close to 50 but with an hmf, airbox,and the falicon Im not getting my hopes up . Although the cams were nonadjustable I was able to get 108 and 107.5 out of them by remarking the cam gears and changing thier position. We shall see how she dyno'es

Sandstorm

#39 Post by Sandstorm »

The Boomer set up was a seat of the pants feel for me. I knew the difference once I cracked the throttle open for the first time. Revs quicker and longer.. Last year I pulled Olds Ant Hill in 4th at redline. This year I was pulling 4th at redline before half hill w/ Boomers set up..

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Now you should try a Cyclone and bored throttlebody with intake matched tongue.gif Glad you running strong!