help me, help me

Q&A about routine maintenance.
dawzie

help me, help me

#1 Post by dawzie »

Ok, got to ride our Timbo 450 stroker, the thing is AWSOME. Came off the track and noticed an oil leak. Seems as though the oil return line from the frame to the back of the motor now hits the exhust pipe and it burned a hole in it.

So now I need that hose. Who's got one ?? Is there any way to keep it from burning through again ???

help me, help me

Cdale_racer_669

#2 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

i would think any automotive shop would have it. just take it in and have them see what ID it is and such. then maybe get some sort of protective covering?? i duno what ud use there. auto place might be able to suggest something

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

I dont have any extras but you also have to have the fireproof sleeving over the hose.McMaster Carr has that.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Somewhere I posted a part number of a replacment hose from a autoparts store. Im not at the shop now so you will have to use the search button.

cdrookie

#5 Post by cdrookie »

if you're using an 02 header smack the bottom tube with a hammer to flatten it a little so it's not right on top of the tube. i burnt through my heat sleeve but after creating a little clearance there it was fine. doesn't take a real hard whack though so don't go crazy. i just replaced my tube and am gonna get some heat shielding through summit racing. the rubber tube is approx 5/8" on the OD, so a piece of 3/4" will work fine.

dawzie

#6 Post by dawzie »

I got a hose coming from NAPA, once I know it works I'll post a part number. I took a 1/2" extension and dinged the pipe for more clearence. Heat sheilding coming from summit.

What do you guys think ?? Next time the motor is out I'll cut off the oil fitting, weld it up and drill and tap in a new nipple on a slight angle facing down. Question is, will it bother the oil flow being it will cause a low spot in the oil line to the motor.

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

That lower frame fitting is bolted in . I wouldnt hit it. It is just a flange with an o ring under it.