stage 8 update torque specs? HELP!

CowsBitePeople

stage 8 update torque specs? HELP!

#1 Post by CowsBitePeople »

Im finally getting my quad backogether after 9 months and i need to put the stage 8 bolts in, in what order do i do them and what do i torque them to?? ANY help would be much appriciate THANKS

Matt....

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

can't remember but its in the manual.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Same as manual.Dont forget Loctite and position the tabs correctly.If not removing crankplate just do one bolt at a time remove stock bolt,clean threads,clean new bolt,loctite,put bolt in,torque bolt(22-25Nm?),put tab on bolt up against something to prevent left rotation(tab can be cut or bent to accomplish this)put snapring on bolt.Recheck your work.

CowsBitePeople

#4 Post by CowsBitePeople »

What would 25nm be in in pounts or ft pounds?? NEED TO KNOW LOL Puttin it together NOW i dont have a torque wrench for nm only in pounds and foot pounds thanks!!

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

25Nm is what I go to using my Torque wrench which has not been calibrated for years but I assume is correct.22Nm is factory final torque.Never felt like enough to me but that is just my opinion.To find ft lbs just Nm divided by 1.356 =ft lbs.

CowsBitePeople

#6 Post by CowsBitePeople »

thanks got the motor in dont have a spark plug what kind does it take and where does the battery ground?

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

cr8ek or a 9 I think is the plug.Cant remember since havent bought one for two years.Battery ground is at the fuel regulator mount.Make sure you get it between frame and metal spacer.And clean it up good then Loctite.