Last Try!:(

440rider

#11 Post by 440rider »

yes took off flywheel key was perfect

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

If your getting 100psi then youir return line must be disconnected, plugged ,swollen oring,broken internal quick connect ,or pinched line. With that pressure it would foul the plug right away.
The airbox boot might have moved up on the clamps.
Getting any codes?

440rider

#13 Post by 440rider »

no i'm not getting any faults with the d&m everything looks normal. Plug isnt fouled i tkept taking it out attached to the coil to check and was getting a spark. The way i checked the fuel pressure was to hook up the gauge to the out part of the pump and prime the start button. Is this the correct way? I'll check the airbox boot.

The negative side of the injector connectors dont seem to have a solid ground with the light test it's kinda dull/ blinking on and off. Is this normal?

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

First get the fuel pressure down to normal. It might be so high the injectors might not function. 42 psi is what you want. The regulator can be dissasembled and chaecked but Im sure your quick connects are plugged in or they are faulty. The test you are doing is good but have you verified your guage is accurate.

Injectors have 12 volts to one side with key on and ground through the ecm to fire . If there are no codes they should be good.

cdrider02

#15 Post by cdrider02 »

Do you have fuel returning to the tank when the pump is running? Did you check the right hand crank bearing for slack? Is the flywheel keyway still lined up with the "C" ?How do you know that the plug is not fouled? I have seen plugs that sparked that were fouled, the spark should be thick and blue, if it is very thin and appears to dance around the outside edge of the center electrode and is actually grounding to the electrode and the insulator it is probably fouled. Usually this will cause the machine to spit, pop, and or backfire because it can fire out of the cylinder but when under pressure it cannot, and I usually do not recommend trying to clean a fouled plug because it is almost always a waiste of time.

440rider

#16 Post by 440rider »

spark goes directly across the plug

no, i havent checked the slack in the crank bearing (not sure even how to)

I'll have to check the reurn line inside the tank to see if fuel is being returned

flywheel key seems to be lined up
(pic attached)

oil from broken seal

cdrider02

#17 Post by cdrider02 »

Use a screwdriver under the flywheel and gently pry up on it hold your finger between the case and the top of the flywheel while doing so to feel any movement. Either that seal is real bad or there could be some movement in the crank causing it to leak.

440rider

#18 Post by 440rider »

i'll work on it this weekend thx for all the input!

CannondaleRider

#19 Post by CannondaleRider »

It sounds like your just hooking up a pressure guage right at the pump.

but to check pressure, wouldn't you have to T into the line, somewhere between the pump and the regulator, WHILE both are hooked up and working.

Because doesn't the pump pump a certain pressure and the regulator regulates this pressure down to 43psi, so couldn't the pump have been build to put out 100psi.

Maybe i'm wrong

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

You are right it must be a T.Suprised guage didnt blow.