New Timbo maps?

Mapping discussions
kgd57

LOOK C27, Derno, Timbo!!!

#31 Post by kgd57 »

Could someone please look @ this map and give me an honest answer to the question, Is this the best map to use with SBM stage 4. Running MX and would like MAX power!!!

kgd57:cool:

If not please recommend a GOOD one!!!

Cdale_racer_669

#32 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

that maz map in the mapping forum should make alot of power

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Kgd I assume this is another Maz map.Changed the name on it.It should go but risky in my opinion.Might have trouble with traction being so aggressive in timing.Fuel settings arent much different than stock maps so might want to go richer on flowrate.Will it work for MX?If you ride like a twostroke it should.

kgd57

Thanks

#34 Post by kgd57 »

We ride like Banshees!!! Really though do you think there is a better map for MX?? Everybody chime in!!!

jfarrar

Re: LOOK C27, Derno, Timbo!!!

#35 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by kgd57
Could someone please look @ this map and give me an honest answer to the question, Is this the best map to use with SBM stage 4. Running MX and would like MAX power!!!

If not please recommend a GOOD one!!!

i ran this map and like it the best out of all maps that i have tried as far as max power..you will get alot of wheelspin on hardpack though.another map i liked and ran alot is the x440s map.

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

I had quite a tuning session today of all the maps Timbo has I liked the highflowblazespeed with 11500 limiter that I added.Folks who used to wonder how I could do 3rd gear starts should try it now.I didnt have time to change gearing so 14-39 is what I had with 18 mxr4's 3rd gear you could just idle away!Taller gearing will be on tomorrow for sure.5th rev limiter came as fast as I could shift.Timbo, Tom,Haydug and Jay:clap:

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Did some more runs and kind of am used to Blaze/speed map put Annimals map in which is more aggresive and cleared up bottom end a bit.Will be doing some dyno and afr readings tomorrow morning with just a baseline to start with.Will get a low,mid and high chart made so changes to maps can be done and will try the original and much richer versions of Animals map since it seems as that map is closest to being right as far as throttle% and not loading up on bottom.I plan on maling quite a few trips to dyno with map changes this will just give us a starting point.
Also am working on making a excel spreadsheet for the maps that will let you change values by highlighting and %.Will save some time.

Psychosis

#38 Post by Psychosis »

Whatever happened to the new stroker maps? I'm still searching for one that I really like. I either get it a little off on the bottom, or the top. Can't ever seem to get it right. I've tried every recommended map and still run the MotoSpeed. Just looking to try something new for MX.

J. Delaney

#39 Post by J. Delaney »

Steve, have you been able to cure the part throttle, low rpm hiccup when running open exhaust? The only way I have found to get rid of it is to run a quiet core in my HMF.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Not yet.Should be good to go by the group ride though.Just not enough time.****** is working on it with a AFR also so it will get done.