The official "I wish I was at Jaybr's" thread

Cdale_racer_669

#21 Post by Cdale_racer_669 »

I wish I could just ride my dale. I havent ridden my dale since veterans day (NOV 11th) I'm Jonsin' , cmon falicon! Where the **** are our cranks. Sucks going out to the track every week and only being able to watch, and then peopl are like "Oh, what are you having worked on?" then reluctantly I answer "Cannondale", then the slew of "oh, no wonder"s and any other comment Im sure you've all dealt with. Then I have to defend dales for the next ten minutes and explain to them it never actually went down, but rather I am making sure it wont go down. I cant wait to get this thing back together and show up all the non-believers.

thats the same situation im in just about. havent rode since thanksgiving day, well the cdale anyway. and when people ask what i got, i say cannondale, and they wanna race or go riding with me, and i have to tell them its apart. i just say its apart getting modded. but i still have to defend them a lot. the guy at the honda shop didnt even know i had a cdale, and i went in all greasy, and he was all "looks like youve had your hands in a cannondale" i was like yup, im modding the engine. im surpised of how much respect there is around here for them tho. ive talked to at least 5 people that think they are awesome, unique, and fast as heck. but then there is alot of ppl that think all they do is blow up.

-get some pics of the group ride so i can pout some more!!:clap:

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

Yes pics are good. I want to see whats going on. I know last year, Jay's wife was out there taking pics at some point. LurkerBlaze was taking pics also with his camera and his phone. He was sending the pics on his phone back to Jasp I think for posting. It looks like KDeal has internet access somewhere and needs to upload those pics! Man I wish I was there!

blaze#52

#23 Post by blaze#52 »

I am with you guys, i wish i was there too. I did get to ride today, witch was good. It would be a lot funner with abig or group of cannondales:)

jesshamner

#24 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by blaze#52
I am with you guys, i wish i was there too.  I did get to ride today, witch was good.  It would be a lot funner with abig or group of cannondales:)

If you have never been with a big group of cdales....its amazing. The sound is unbelievable.

cdaleracer

#25 Post by cdaleracer »

Originally posted by jesshamner
If you have never been with a big group of cdales....its amazing.  The sound is unbelievable.

Yes it is! I remember all those Dales making their way up the mountain at the fall ride in PA last year. Man that was a sweet sound:usa

Jaybr

#26 Post by Jaybr »

The ride is over, you guys missed a great time.

I didn't take the first pic, but Derno, ******, and 4punks should have some for you guys. Probably some others too.

I didn't get an exact count, but estimate 20-25 dales there yesterday. aslo 4 z400's, 3 400ex's a 450r, predator, LT250, banshee, v-force and CDrookie on his R. There where also probably 10 bikes, including a couple dales.

Noise, yes we made some noise. They broke up the farm across the street last year and started building houses over there, 1 of the new neighbors came over to see what was going on, I think we scared their horses. Another guy from a few miles down the road said he heard us and rode his dirtbike over following the noise.

Dales ruled the drag strip, TImbomoose on his stroker and Delaware152 on his Falicon motor beat everyone. I think the 2 of them where pretty even, each winning a few.

Weather was nearly perfect Saturday and Sunday, sunny in the mid 70's with a nice breeze. I tilled the track Thurs morning before the rain Thurs night and Fri. there was zero dust from the track, but the oval did get a little dusty this morning.

Best news to report is this was the first ride at my place with no trips to the emergency room. smile.gif

twisted

#27 Post by twisted »

Sounds awesome, Im jealous.

We need pics!

yamadjs08

#28 Post by yamadjs08 »

Sounds like a great time!
Deffinately get some pics posted!

Jaybr

#29 Post by Jaybr »

Forgot to thank Nrath for helping me get everything ready, 4punks for his awesome track work, and Brad Oakley (Blackwidow aTV) for traveling all to way from Utah and bringing parts and stickers.

theJeStEr1340

#30 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

welp, I went do to Myrtle beach because they built a track in the middle of the speedway... Thought it would be big like daytona.. RIGHT! It wasn't big enough for a quad to pass on, if someone went arond the track in the middle, it would be impossible to pass them without going over some hay bails! The jumps were all Sx style, strait up and strait down, come up short and off to the ER you go. so I paid $40 ($30 to get in and $10 to practice, I got 6 laps of practice) and then decided they got enough of my money and I wasn't gonna pay the $25 to race. On top of that, the weather sucked... I wish I had gone to Jay's instead, coudl have brought both the dales up, and saved myself $40 +$25 that I spent at a crappy seafood restaurant.

:mad: