At last the dyno king is deafeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Here's his lord ready to drop the "HAMMER" so to speak. My favorite tool.
OMG this quad pulled 93mph on the ice when it had 49hp . Just be carefull.

Canniboomer

#12 Post by Canniboomer »

Wow, 60HP may be coming sooner than we realized!...awesome work guys!!!!........but how can you credit so much of that 7HP jump as a result of the piston change?, when you tweaked the porting and degreed the cams at the same time? Did you run the JE with the exact same setup?... just trying to understand better, before we trash the JE's as ash trays.... just trying to keep it real, as you might recall the huge problem with the Millenium sleeves at the time of the first JE's --- but the lower price and nice features of the CP are great, no doubt about that..

azcannon

#13 Post by azcannon »

what was the huge problem with the millenium sleeves?

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

You might have a valid point about the JE . True the sleeves were to tight . But we have also lost a few to wrist pins wearing out from the piston. Yes actual wear of a hardened pin. Then on the dyno all the JE engines would puff way more blowby out a full power through the breather tube. Other piston makers have mentioned that the JE have way more gas ports than any other. And all the sleeves show signs of ring metal transfer. How many JE's have ever broke 50hp ? The JE 505 of animals was beaten by a much smaller engines.

The cam timing of my 470 and this 468 are now the same. There was a 2 degree difference from the JE and what it is currently set at. Retarding the Cam timing lets the engine flow more at higher rpms for more peak power but should not affect it anywhere near that much. We have been pulling great numbers in the stock position as well .

I did not port the runners again in this head. I changed the chamber just a little and modded the valves a little more . Nothing significant.
Although this engine was unbeatable with the JE at 49hp and won most all of it races when we tore it down the sleeve and piston were junk at what Im guessing around 10 hours of racing. The wrist pin was so worm out the piston was actually hitting the head in one spot from excessive movement.

The 2 top engines are extremely close in design and even though one has a 500 ecm with a wiseco and the other has a 1000ecm with a CP look how the graphs are near identicle. Ill post up the JE graph for comparison if I can find it.

Canniboomer

#15 Post by Canniboomer »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Jul 7 2006, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was the huge problem with the millenium sleeves?

I guess Timbo prevented that from becoming a "huge" problem, but a large batch of sleeves were out of spec (oval tight in spots) leading to early piston failure and excessive pin wear etc. Tim was able to retrieve several that had already been sent out, but more than a few got out there -- it was shortly after an unrelated problem with coated wrist pins destroying the JE's -- yep that R&D was a bit costly during that time.

Thanks for the scoop, Witech

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Caniboomer I will say no more about topics you mentioned but too have a aluminum piston literally grind into a wristpin is enough for me to make ashtrays out of them.Also there are still some coated wristpins out there running fine.But in stock pistons.Hey did you get your shocks?Very interested in what you all found in Europe.

QUOTE (****** @ Jul 7 2006, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAIT stock injectors can't run that much fuel wacko.gif rolleyes.gif

Ha was waiting for that.Sure they can but this isnt a big motor.Its a 468 and it also is not running as well as mine is other than more hp.Was much harder to get decent AFR also.However you may be right.Will put Harley injectors in and see if more power or better AFR especially coming up to max can be had.To me the stock injectors seem slow to respond.That is what happens when they are over the optimum flow.Main reason I run the Harley injectors is for thier straight spray pattern which I need because my injectors were reangled.The research is still going on for them regarding the 468 motors.

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

No.Motors in question were all over 55hp.
****** I personally dont give a darn if you were upset.YOU were looking for a rise out of us and you know it.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe you should learn how to read.R&D is all about learning.Plenty of motors running around 50 with stock injectors but this is FIRST at over 55.How you KNEW the stock injectors would pull over 55 just amazes me.You must be clairvoyant or why not explain it to me?Trying to rain on the parade again.

Here is link to injector thread wacko.gif
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...showtopic=11252

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I think you are just extremely jealous.Definitly are not the king.Too bad you should try.Here is other injector thread.See you made a post there after I did state something about 50hp and injectors.But it was a Harley motor that I was talking about and going off what a site said.Every well respected engine shop and tuner uses a dyno.Why not join the party and prove us all wrong?Sorry cdale55 shouldnt be posting this crap in your thread.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...pic=13988&st=40

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I am Liar!Get real.Maybe insane for trying to get through to you.But not a liar.Kind of hard to show anything since all the old pics were lost.Oh well .What do you want?Hundreds or maybe even a thousand dyno runs?They are all yours for the asking.Dont know what else to do.What would it take to prove to you ****** that we have made HUGE strides powerwise?