Other 450s

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

I'm glad you put that info out there. It seems like suzuki builds their quads with modding in mind. Just look at the heavily modded z400s that ran close to the hondas and yfzs for a long time. I have been waiting to hear about some ltr monster motors.

UpsMan

#12 Post by UpsMan »

I disagree. I've ridden and raced a ltr and they are fast with just the cherry bomb and pea shooter removed. They have plenty of power for your average mx rider. They don't rev out like the dale does, but it gets off the line fast. Real good traction. It handled great for being stock. I much prefer my atk, but to say the ltr is slow is just not reality. I've ridden the atk, suzuki and honda all on the same day on the same track. My atk was the most powerful, but it has some porting and stuff. The honda was alright, just a pipe and jetting. A dog really, compared to the atk and suzuki. But it handled awesome. It had lonestar and elka suspension, so it better handle good. The suzuki handled really well, although not as good as the other two, but it was still totally stock. The suzuki really is a contender with just the cherry bomb for the majority of mx racers, IMHO.

theJeStEr1340

#13 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I didn't like the handling of a Fully set up Honda 450r, it welt twitchy, it had a Dasa motor and leagar arms and elka's all the way around.
Th eLTR handled good, but I rode it on a hard packed track and it never hooked so I could never get a real feal for the power.
I liked riding a YFZ with elka's and +2 arms and an axle with a WR crank best (beside my dale) if I did anything it would be a YFZ. I will have to wait to see the Can am and KTM.

wanablaze

#14 Post by wanablaze »

The suzuki's are nice. They don't make much torque in stock form, but the suspension is there. They holeshot very well and make good power easily. My buddy has one with the cherrybomb, Dasa pipe and Trinity intake. His quad is fast, but once he winds out fifth, I still have a lot of gear left.

I really like the new Kawasaki. It feels planted and powerful, and I really like the green color.

RonDK

#15 Post by RonDK »

Why do you think the new ATK gets such terrible ratings with all of magazines? Even the magazine that was hosted on ATK's website had nothing great to say about it. It almost seemed like the magazines TRIED to rate it badly. What kind of crap is "too much power for the trails." Every other sentence was about how much better all of the other quads were. The only other quad I rode was a pred and I wasn't that impressed. My friend just got a new 07 yfz so I'll see how that feels. I just think it's goofy how the ATK gets hammered SO hard in the magazines, then it rocks the racing scene. Mannnn, I wish ATK could go somewhere with the ATVs. They are so awesome and I would love to support them but I don't know how. What do you guys think?

Sand_Blaster

#16 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Even back in the Dale days Dirtwheels always had it out against Cannondale, but the other mags that I read alot loved them....but like you pointed out ATK gets terriable ratings which I dont understand either its weird.

yamadjs08

#17 Post by yamadjs08 »

Gotta read in between the lines when it comes to magazine reviews. RonDK, I think I know the shootout you are talking about, in a ATVSport. Funny that they dogged the ATK so much and yet it had the fastest lap times, fastest drag times, and had the most balanced weight of them all... Magazines are ridiculous, and then you turn the page to a big Yamaha ad, and wow surprisingly the Yamaha won the shootout... No way! rolleyes.gif