I just saw the coolest thing

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (o3speed @ Feb 10 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
??? on the show she was holding a crank that was split in half that was supposedly in it.

Ya split in half ...not . You can clearly see the stub shaft just broke off. One thing I never saw before was the flywheel nut had been mushroomed over and I couldnt figure out why. The disassembler didnt know you need a puller to remove the flywheel and decided to hammer it off. Had someone been doing that after I sent the motor back it would have been a likely cause for the crank to break but Im pretty sure the damage was done during disassmebly . Thats also the reason you dont see the flywheel in the video . It was still in on the shaft stuck in the engine.

kdeal

#12 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Feb 6 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kdeal,
weren't you the one that bought her fulbore plastics from ebay? They were for sale on this site.

Nope blink.gif

jake

#13 Post by jake »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Feb 10 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope blink.gif

yea, i saw the full bore plastics when she was racing, but for some reason i thought they were differant ones when it was showing it in the garage.

m_mcgranahan

#14 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi everyone,

SO is she still racing her Dale? How badly was she hurt in the accident? Yeah, I hate when the motor stalls while jumping/racing. I wish I had video of my big crash in may of last year. Cant recall if I told the story on the forum yet, but my battery terminal broke internally and caused me to stall as I was on the face of 35-40ft table top. (Of coarse I was working up my courage for a while and was about to down hill the landing.) I got thrown completely off and in front of the quad it popped all the way over and back on its wheels behind me and it was as if it was behind me laughing at me dry.gif anyhow I was very blessed that my accident didn't end with me under the quad too. WHat a way to celebrate my 35th birthday :-)

God bless...

mark
BTW Its the same table top in my avitar pic on the left here.