New 450 motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

About a month or so ago Scott Montgomery posted on atvconnection he told of a big financing deal that cannondale recieved he was thanking all of us for supporting the company by buying the quads which enabled them to secure this financing which will enable them to grow their product line and research and development.Check it out I think it was titled scott montgomery.
Even if they arent making a profit they are showing huge growth as a matter of fact the motorsports sales are up the bicycle sales are down.People are willing to support a company that is showing growth the money is there and why not they have a great thing going. I am not an accountant so I might be interpreting this wrong but I think the doom and gloom guys are just the pencil pushers who want to get rich off the stock market and dont understand anything about high performance machines like cannondale makes as a matter of fact I am going to look into buying stock they will see returns on their hard work eventually.

Ryanstones

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

I'm with you 27! Great company , Great product, great people, great potential. Now let's go win some races for the big 'C' ! smile.gif

86atc250r

#13 Post by 86atc250r »

I can't believe that anyone would complain about improvements of the quad from year to year... Unbelieveable...

If you want to buy a quad and not worry that the manufacturer will improve it next year, do like Laptraffic said and buy a Warrior.

The dirtbike world thrives on this competition and year to year development and they have top quality, race ready bikes straight from the factory at reasonable prices. In fact, it's been said that the bikes that are for sale today would be "Works" level machines just a few years ago. You never hear a bike rider that complains that the machine he's riding was updated the next year model...

For Cannondale it's important to improve their machine, even mid year. Every time they make an improvement it draws in more riders that were considering the competition. It also develops a perception about the company that they're the "leader" and the company to buy from if you want the "best" product available - that they're not sitting on their ***** like the other companies. This will sell quads.

You can also bet if a manufactuer steps up and starts producing a 450cc engine the ATVA isn't going to stifle cutting edge development by not allowing it to race. The current rules are in place to help keep the classes competitive between the high end custom motorcycle engined machines and the ATV engine powered machines.

If you plan on waiting to buy a quad until this new engine "might" show up, then what? When it comes out, there's sure likely to be something else on the horizon that promises to be "that" much better... You end up waiting infinitely while everyone else is enjoying the day....

My advice - if you want to ride, buy what's available now. If something "that" much better comes out in a year that you can't live without - sell your quad, take a little bit of a loss and buy the new one. Serious dirt bike riders have been operating under this premise for years and it works fairly well for them.