Cdale Keeps Turning Off

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
fyrmedic

#11 Post by fyrmedic »

cool.. thanx guys!!

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Actually, I was meaning that if its too LOOSE. I've had it happen to me before. Land a jump and if its loose, it'll cause it to stall or studder a little. I tightened it back up and no problems. Too tight may cause it as well, just never had it happen like that to me.

Ryanstones

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

Fuel filter, Stator wires shorting, prelude to a battery failure. Mine died twice out of the blue on Sunday, then the battery crapped out completely. 6 month old walmart battery.

HOUSER CDALE

#14 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

The bike starts right back up and rides fine. But awhile later it will shut off again. As for the battery. The battery will go dead if I dont start the bike atleast once a week. I have to put a trickle charger on it all the time. But once I ride the bike , the battery has power for about a week. Could the battery just be worn out now?

thomez

#15 Post by thomez »

Could just be the battery.

Other guys, what do you think about it being the hex code - remember there was one that caused a lot of stalling trouble??

HOUSER CDALE

#16 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

How can this hex be fixed? I have the DM kit, the bike is a 02 made in late 01.

thomez

#17 Post by thomez »

Hex code is available for download HERE

Then load it into the ECU with your D&M kit and you are all set!

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

The instructions to load the hex code are in the EFI Manual. You may also want to check the fuel line routing, as your model ran the fuel line over the motor with several turns. There is a service bulletin to show you what i mean.

NRath

#19 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
Fuel filter, Stator wires shorting, prelude to a battery failure.

These are definitely potential culprits. I'd definitely be checking the stator wires. Especially with a machine made in the timeframe yours was. You'll have to pull the flywheel off. Then check for knicked, crushed, or cut wire and insulation. Especially where they come through the clip. Been there, done that. Caused a problem very similar to yours.

HOUSER CDALE

#20 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It sounds like it could be a million different things. I guess I will start with the simplest things (i.e.) loose connection, battery........