Wistechs Vac,ATK,Dunes,New Friends

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Here I am doing a jump out of a deep bowl. Crank up those Moto shocks yeeha.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

Got to love the bowls

wistech

#13 Post by wistech »

The prowedge tires that I use in the winter work pretty good in sand to but they tend to roll under while corning at speed. Look how close the rim is to the sand.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

Here is one of our 450r's trying to follow the tracks that my stock speed made. Needless to say the 450r couldnt cut it and got stuck. It rained a little that day and the sand conditions were just right that no quad could make it up while we were there that day. That included 450r,z400,raptors,400ex ,v forces,ds650s and cannondales. I did have the pleasure of making it up the farthest by about 50 feet of all that tried.

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

Heres a side view of choke cherry . Pics just cannot do it justice . Those specs at the top are my buds.

Sandstorm

#16 Post by Sandstorm »

More pics,,,,,,,,,,, more pics I say. I'll say that towing a quad out from the backside of Sand Mtn is freakin BRUTAL on an engine.. Raptors seem to do it much easier due to the gobs of lowend.. Wisetech check out my Webshots, last folder!!!

wistech

Lightining Stikes Twice

#17 Post by wistech »

Well it happened again. After 5 days of reckless abuse the Speeds engine had had enough. Half way up the steep right side of choke cherry she let go . I think it dropped a valve because the engine rotates over fine but comes to a sudden stop so its not the crank. This engine has 335 hours on it and has only been out to do the stud update. I think it was due to have a problem eventually but I find it funny that they both my quads gave me thier first problems on this one trip. Dont feel bad for me because I feel I have got more out of my speed that just about any Cannondale out there and now with the confidence that Atk and others will support me these 2 quads will be back and I guarantee even stronger than ever. Heres me turning the injured quad around.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

And would you believe I actually have the fatal run on video. Just listening to that puppy scream and then the sudden stop gives me goose pimples. Ill see if Jaybr can get the vid posted.

Sandstorm

#19 Post by Sandstorm »

Man that's terrible... The hillshooting is murder on a motor.. How'd the paddles work out for your buddies?? What did they think of real dunes??

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow that was a awesome trip.Wistech you supply the pizza and refreshment and Iceracer and I will be right over to give you a hand getting those motors back together.No worries.