Any ever build their own A-arms?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
jacobw

#21 Post by jacobw »

I am going to run +1s because I have to keep the width down for xc racing need to be as close to stock width as possible. And everyone said the LT setup would be better

KYmxracer52

#22 Post by KYmxracer52 »

go +2's LT and run 4+1 wheels.

jacobw

#23 Post by jacobw »

I will be 48" with +2s and with +1s with 4+1 I will be 46 and our missouri tracks are tight and 48" is passable but marginal and 46" makes it through faster I am running the stock arm setup now with ohlins and love it I am getting alot faster if I was running gncc where its more open than the tight hare scramble I would run +2s I am sure jeff is stock width on his new atk. Missouri Series Hare Scramble are tight and rough I see alot of houser +1 LT setups with 4+1 wheels there hare scrambles in the east look abit wider than here.

aroracer72

#24 Post by aroracer72 »

to make a-arms you need some kind of jig....a welder(duhh)....some good designing skills....and a pipe bender. ME and my dad were gonna start up a titanium a-arm buisness a little while back..but decided to wait a year or two for our money flow to grow some...due to the fact that we ahd so many projects going on already.
CHAD

cdalerider75

#25 Post by cdalerider75 »

CHAD,

First.. what else do you and your dad have going on for projects...

Second.. it is nice that u have that list attached to your post.. but man cut it down.. that long list sucks to scroll thru!!! Keep it short!!!

aroracer72

#26 Post by aroracer72 »

what??!!..you wanna fight??!!!:box:
lol
I guess i could shorten it up by putting the sponsors side by side...lol. BUT ANYWAYS

me and my dad at that time were redoing 2 quads for friends(frame up restoration)...and i was constantly working on my dirtbike and otehr fourwheeler. BUT NOW my dad is currently working on a fully custom ECU with an o2 sensor for our dales and otehr high performance quads. Hes making his own ecu and using a dale fuel injection system..to create his own EFI system that will autop adjust your fuel and air mixture..blah blah blah. We already built a room for the welding..we jsut had all our money tied up in otehr stuff so we couldnt buy a weelder at the time. But this winetr since i ahev access to a metal shop(school) im gonna be extending my friends blaster a-arms and making my +2 ASR cannondale arms Long Travel. Im also contomplating making a swingarm for my dale. Hope this helps with what ever you are lookign for???? rolleyes.gif

but yeah.....why did you wanna know that stuff????
CHAD

cdalerider75

#27 Post by cdalerider75 »

just asking... :clap: to you and your dad... great to here father son combos..