Fuel pump not priming

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#31 Post by DangerRanger »

The harness is in the preliminary patent stage now, it is copyrighted from day one. All loads on ECU will go from - switching to sourcing. 10 are in existence right now, should work out pretty good. Gary and Frank @ ATK are keeping a close eye on how they perform, as they are interested in the idea for new model harness's.

Ben

wistech

#32 Post by wistech »

That cool . Ive been running my cooling fan since last summer on a relay that comes on with the key switch. That way it doesnt keep running after the quad is shut off. Its no problem in winter but it was annoying in the summer to listen to it run till the ecm turns it off. Will your system do that to? Using the ecm to power loaded circuits is great for the manufacturer but if one little transistor fails you have to buy a new ecm . That sucks.
:confused: I would also like to change the relay under the air filter to a sealed type. That was just plain foolish not to use a waterproof harness connector.

DangerRanger

#33 Post by DangerRanger »

Very bad idea too not let the fan run...it is temp controlled, not time controlled like the pump....it turns off when the engine is cooled enough....you are asking for boilover trouble.

their is a sealed sub for the relay in the airtray, I have them coming,
the factory pieces they aren't the greatest, but never seen or had one fail, best fix is alittle dielectric grease on everything. I just decided to carry a sealed version for some added security.

Ben

wistech

#34 Post by wistech »

What good is a fan running without a water pump to ciculate coolant. I run evans so it wont boil anyway. I realize its temp controlled and will run till the ecm shuts down or the engine finnally cools down to 150 degrees. Its very inefficent to drain the battery for up to ten minutes like that. Ive never seen my engine temp get much above 200 which is nowhere near boilover. If one had a vapor lock problem in hot weather it might be a good idea.
I just get nervous walking away from a quad with stuff still running not knowing if it will drain the battery and be dead when I go to start it again.

thomez

#35 Post by thomez »

I don't think it can get any hotter after you turn it off than it was when it was running. Shouldn't be a big deal, I wouldn't think.

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

I have had three diff streetbikes and DS 650,YFZ all of them the fan will turn on after ignition is shut off.Even without a pump coolant still will circulate a little by convection.My battery is 3 years old and never went dead.Gotta agree with Ben on this one they all wouldnt be doing it like this if it wasnt neccesary.