Question on Different Cranks and pistons in Dales

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Speed 1B

#41 Post by Speed 1B »

Yes deatons...the new revision harley injectors.

thedeatons

#42 Post by thedeatons »

Then doesn't that make that arguement invalid? The Harley injectors spray straight, so reangled injector bungs would work better with Harley injectors.... Right?

wistech

#43 Post by wistech »

The issue with the reagle injectors was the way they did it. Speed1b head is nothing like the hack jobs winky and WWE were doing . The bungs they put in caused a huge restiction in the intake tract cutting off airflow. Speeds head has had the bungs reworked to it it get it to function . Half the time they didnt even weld the bungs in symetrical to each other.
As far as the winky oil mod it didnt address the ripsaw bearing problem .It just changed where the oil was going the left crank bearing in a pointless attempt to get more oil to the ripsaw.

dune_rider81

#44 Post by dune_rider81 »

Well I took the cannondale out to the desert this weekend. it ran like a champ. It leaked alittle bit of oil and raditor water, i kept checking it to make sure i wasnt too low.

I need to find out whats causing it to leak. But other than that, i was happy with the bike. And it dosnt feel like it has anywhere near the hp that this bike was supposed to have. I think its very similar to a regular 450 yamaha or honda. But i will tell you that these HIDS light up the whole desert. haha. super bright lights.

thought i would let everyone know how the bike ran, if anybody was wondering.

thx
jesse

speedracer

#45 Post by speedracer »

My stock engine,with an pod filter,is even with other 450s in a drag race,so it doesnt seem odd that it should not feel much faster.

Kuma

#46 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (dune_rider81 @ Apr 27 2009, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I took the cannondale out to the desert this weekend. it ran like a champ. It leaked alittle bit of oil and raditor water, i kept checking it to make sure i wasnt too low.

I need to find out whats causing it to leak. But other than that, i was happy with the bike. And it dosnt feel like it has anywhere near the hp that this bike was supposed to have. I think its very similar to a regular 450 yamaha or honda. But i will tell you that these HIDS light up the whole desert. haha. super bright lights.

thought i would let everyone know how the bike ran, if anybody was wondering.

thx
jesse

Where is the coolant leaking from? Mine was leaking from the cap and was probably an indication that I had a issues with the cylinder being short, it finally blew the oring between the cylinder and combustion chamber. Keep your eye on it.

dune_rider81

#47 Post by dune_rider81 »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Apr 27 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is the coolant leaking from? Mine was leaking from the cap and was probably an indication that I had a issues with the cylinder being short, it finally blew the oring between the cylinder and combustion chamber. Keep your eye on it.

well it looked like it was coming from towards the top of the cylinder on the right side. you can see it was running down the cylinder. Im going to try and check it out in the next day or so. Ill keep you informed.

thx

offroadfan

#48 Post by offroadfan »

QUOTE (dune_rider81 @ Apr 27 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well it looked like it was coming from towards the top of the cylinder on the right side. you can see it was running down the cylinder. Im going to try and check it out in the next day or so. Ill keep you informed.

thx

Mine did that at first. I tightened the impeller cover and that fixed it.

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

Have seen some guys running without a hose clamp on the bleed hose, Also is supposed to be a aluminum or copper washer on the bleed screw in upper right of waterpump cover. Or like said might just be leaking gasket especially if Mag valvecover from rot. If leak is coming from below water pump(weephole) it means your waterpump seal is bad or really rotted cover. Alot of the caps will leak. A hose clamp lightly tightened around cap keeps it from distorting and leaking.