Shocks?

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
MrSlithers

Shocks?

#1 Post by MrSlithers »

Is there a way to lower a fox rear shock? I got my front lowered but my rear sits about 2 inches to tall. Im racing TT tomorrow so I need an answer asap!

And I am not the least bit knowledgeable on how shocks to adjust shocks etc. but there prolly isn't a way...

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

All you can do is adjust the preload. I guess it will lower it a little.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

you need a lowering strut for the rear!

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

Unlock the spring locks or whatever they're called. Can't think of the name on the shock. One must turn left, the other right. Spin it down till you're happy and relock them. It'll make it act a lot different and a little harsh but for TT it's usually fine. I used to do it when I raced a few and usually got it a good 2in or so down.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Lowering preload is fine but if you go too far you run the risk of retainers falling out.Make sure you lift quad off ground and check that they cant fall out.If you cant get the front and back equal raise the front.You will be way better of handling wise even if higher.You would be suprised at how well you do even at a higher hieght.Got a swaybar?

MrSlithers

#6 Post by MrSlithers »

No sway bar yet... But I lowered the rear from 31" (bottom of the rear corner fender to the ground) to 27 3/4" by adjust those adjuster things. It sits pretty much level. But How would I go about adding preload to it?

haydug

#7 Post by haydug »

doesn't help you know, but you can send the fox to TCS, and they will dual rate spring conversion it for you, and add an adjustable compression bottle.