Routing hoses & wires?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Nickc711

#1 Post by Nickc711 »

Whats the best way route all the hoses and wires so it cleanes the quad up a bit?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

I never really improved on what factory did.Always wanted a stripped down harness like some have though.

claas900

#3 Post by claas900 »

I have pics of the wiring on here somewhere,just started cutting well not really. Figure out what you want and don't want,lights key switch ext. If your going to move anything like the pump,batt take that into account. Then start cutting. We opened up the hole wiring had everything laid out cut off what we didn't want and redid a lot of it. just be smart about it.
As for the vent hoses all i really did was move the Tee fitting up behind the frame, I think that was about it for the vent hoses?

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Nov 4 2007, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whats the best way route all the hoses and wires so it cleanes the quad up a bit?

Well whatever you do just make sure nothing interferes with the throttle. Let me just say after watching my nephew getting separated from my quad due to a stuck full throttle episode, it's not real funny watching your quad doing the "pogo stick on crack dance".

After both front tires were flat and one rear blown from the bead it was over with only minimal plastic damage.

YA I know, a good lesson why we need tethers.

Anyway, when you mix a Timbo ported, full throttle, 2nd gear ride with a vacuum hose holdin it wide open, it gets rid of you real fast. tongue.gif wacko.gif

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow I can just picture that!Bet everyone who reads your post rechecks thier throttle wheel for clearance.Glad it wasnt totalled.

jtracker

#6 Post by jtracker »

Ya it was me that was the one that got to test the wide open throttle out. Dachshund and my dad failed to mention that it had been sticking. So I jumped on to go make people mad that had no clue what was passing them on the drag strip. Started going wide open and she came up on me so I let off and I thought uh oh this isn't gonna be good. I just fell off the back and it went a bouncing through the air. Then they told me after haha wacko.gif lol

Dachshund

#7 Post by Dachshund »

Ya, my nephew and I took our time when putting the engine back in and was careful to keep all the wires clear of the wheel. The vacuum line was the last thing we put in and just didn't think about it too much. It ran great for several hours but the line must have moved and slowly started rubbing on the wheel till "OH CRAP"

Luckily it was at the dunes and sand is very forgiving.