stainless bolt kits?

Bring all of your questions about the Cannondale quad here!
Jctmotorsports

#1 Post by Jctmotorsports »

Looking for stainless bolt kits who? & where?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal.

peterock

#3 Post by peterock »

I don't have kits put together yet, but will be putting together some standard fastener kits and also Titanium fastener kits.

Also looking at getting Titanium swing-arm bolts. Need to know what kind of interest is out there for them though.

Speed 1B

#4 Post by Speed 1B »

I need a TI swingarm bolt.

I was planning on making alot of phone calls on my day off on tuesday to find somthing. If you find somthing before i do, Im in.

311racer

#5 Post by 311racer »

i have one forsale, check the forsale thread

Speed 1B

#6 Post by Speed 1B »

A ti swingarm bolt? blink.gif

wayneschofield

#7 Post by wayneschofield »

I was going to make one for myself but it would probably make sense for you to get a few made over there (cheaper) and sell them if there's enough interest.

They MUST be in 6Al-4V with a fine crystaline structure though, we don't want our axles falling off....

Ti doesn't have the best shear strength either so make them a little thicker walled than the stock steel ones and stop the drilling short of the threads at the nut end.

peterock

#8 Post by peterock »

Looks like they make some bolts out of that already Wayne. Pulled this from a description of bycycle bolts they make.

Features aircraft grade titanium (6Al4V) and rolled threads.

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

I would also warn that the market is too-crazy about Ti fasteners by now, and most customers will just ASSUME they are stronger. Indeed, the Titanium is stonger "pound for pound" compared to most steels, but in a "bolt for bolt" comparison, they are usually much weaker. For any applications where high strength is an issue, the required grade of Titanium is still hard to find, and at even-more insane (aerospace) prices. Most Ti bolts to the motorsports industry by now are the equivalent of a grade 2 for strength. Even Ti bolts that are equivalent grade 5(metric 8.8) are less common, and still not suitable to replace the Cannondale or Japanese suspension bolts. It just pays to beware, and know what you are buying.

Speed 1B

#10 Post by Speed 1B »

As long as it is strong enough to hold the swingarm and the motor to the frame its good for me...lol.

Im just trying to save some weight.