Works Shocks

Shocks, a-arms, swingarms, tires, brakes, etc..
CptHook

Works Shocks

#1 Post by CptHook »

Hey guys, been looking at these because they seem pretty decent price, was thinking of selling my stock speed ohlins and getting Works triple rate with rezzy, think they are $580 for a pair. Ive never really heard of works so let me know guys, worth it or not? I dont really know the cost of elkas of the same setup, so perhaps someone could clue me in. I was also considering having my stock ohlins converted to blaze ohlins by the quadshop if I didnt buy new shocks, you think that is a better route to go?

TheJaspMan

#2 Post by TheJaspMan »

I know Works are better than they used to be. But I have a buddy who races nationals and folded three of them this year. He is sponsored by them and probably wishes he wasn't. They don't cost him a dime, but it's never a good feeling to ruin a shock in mid season.

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Keep an eye out for some used elka or axis shocks. You can usually get them for around the 500-600 mark.

ccole

#4 Post by ccole »

Man get some tcs shocks arn't they right around $600 and Doug seems to love his.

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

I cant seem to find a TCS site or anywhere to buy them, someone want to hook me up with a link?

ccole

#6 Post by ccole »

Haydug sells them. Give him a call or a pm.

TheJaspMan

#7 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by CptHook
I cant seem to find a TCS site or anywhere to buy them, someone want to hook me up with a link?

I don't think they have one.

CdaleRacer0128

#8 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

www.tcsracing.com

i know haydug will hook you guys up real good, but theres a place called Magnolia Tractor supply i knwo of that sells tcs triple rate with the zps feature for right around 650

cdaleracer52

#9 Post by cdaleracer52 »

Get some Tcs from doug, he has the best prices.

Exodus

#10 Post by Exodus »

You'd be better off spending the money on some used tcs,pep's, or elkas. The works are nice, but they could be a whole lot better. They are just a small step above stock on anything but the ohlins. Myself I like the ohlins, but the elkas are very nice to. Look around, for what they want for works, you should be able to pick up a used set of good shocks and have them rebuilt for somewhere close to the same price as the works new.